A Funky Orange Chicken Tablescape

Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Red has always been my favorite color but a close second is orange. It is just so fun and full of life. Nothing dull about orange!

One of my favorite thing to do is serve individual sized portions, be it desserts, side dishes or casseroles. When I found these individual hen casseroles at TJMaxx a few months back, I knew I had to bring them home.

I tucked them into my dish closet and started picking up other orange elements here and there.

The flatware on clearance at Shopko for $4.99.

The glassware from the clearance asile at TJMaxx.

The napkins made from some fabric I found at Hobby Lobby.

I don't remember where I picked up these candles,

and speaking of Hobby Lobby, the vase came from the clearance asile at HL for $3.24.

The flowers really add to the all the orange funkyness. You just can't be down-in-the-dumps dining at this table....Oh, and WFD?, Individual Chicken Florentine Casseroles, Romaine Salad w/Homemade French-style (actually Nebraska's Dorothy Lynch) dressing and biscuits. My son remarked even the food is orange (the salad dressing), lol!

Posting to the lovely Susan's Tablescape Thursday event!