Art in the Park

Sunday, August 1, 2010
Today is a perfect summer day...warm, well in the low 90°'s, but not too blistering, a bit breezy without the typical prairie winds we can get this time of year, and ever so slightly cloudy. We're probably in for some thunderstorms later, but for now, it is perfect! To top off the perfect day was a stroll thru the nearby park's annual Art in the Park event.
I have always enjoyed local fairs and festivals and we seek out these types of events...this one takes place within walking distance of our home.

All sorts of artisans were there with their beautiful wares.

This was the henna artist. Very interesting...if I didn't have my parents 50th Anniversary next weekend, I would have been very, very tempted. How long do these last anyway? Wasn't this gal a good sport to allow me to shoot her pix?

This gal made the neatest buttons! Very whimsical!

Sculpture by Sally...Woman of Steel! I loved this booth and don't you just love these bottle trees made from rebar?

This was my FAVORITE piece of art. I just love this painting. So life like and real and the colors were so vibrant. Now the price was a bit out of my league ($3,000) but I did covet it for a bit (although I was not a fan of the frame).

Some beautiful potted bowls.

I love the colors on these.

Hand painted china pins. Oh, the detail in these was gorgeous!

These wooden crosses were really nice....I wish I could remember the name of the company that does these. It was very clever and something about crosses and the carpenter.

Now back to getting ready to leave for vacation on Tuesday. Thanks for the stroll thru the park with me!